CONTROL for i = More than 130 IBM i checks to BOOST your enterprise MONITORING solution !
Two reasons to adopt Control for i :
– You want to use or are already using an enterprise monitoring solution
. (Nagios compatible, PRTG, SaaS or hundreds of others…).
– You are not completely satisfied with existing IBM i controls ?
Contact us and Register to one of our webinar organised regularly.
In such a webinar you will see how it’s possible to easily improve your existing enterprise monitoring solution with the “Plugin” of Control for i product…
Control for i is a product developed by IBM i people for IBM i people… but it also helps to reconcile with the team managing the company’s monitoring solution !!!
- Based on IBM i commands (with many parameters) it is particularly easy for IBM i people to setup the checks*: no development required !
- Once the controls validated on the IBM i, simply copy and paste the commands and its parameters into your favourite monitoring tool … and it works… Thanks to the Control for i plugin !
- Now you just have to organise the checks in your monitoring tool with the monitoring team : schedule them, define the frequency and the service time range, decide on the severity level, specify the reaction to issues (email, SMS, alert), consider escalation actions, …
You will discover, how with Control for i you can
- implement 130+ probes/checks to control EVERYTHING running on IBM i: Applications, System, Messages, HA, EDI, Backups, Batches, ERP, Transfers, Database, Logs, …
- automate the reply to messages in MSGQ
- integrate existing self-developed controls in Control for i
- develop you new probes using the models provided (IBM i commands).
Hundreds of partitions are monitored with the help of Control for i’.
Existing customers appreciate:
– accuracy of alert messages allowing fast and relevant reactions from helpdesk,
– very low resource consumption on the IBM i avoiding false alerts,
– ease of installation and use with minimizing time consumption,
– price (licence + maintenance or monthly subscription) remaining cheap.
At the end, they are happy that IBM i is better monitored than other OS !